- hydrophobic and superhydrophobic slippage
- electrokinetics and other interfacial transport phenomena
- reverse osmosis
- micro- and nanogels by microfluidic emulsification
- mechanical and adhesion properties of polyelectrolyte multilayer microcapsules
- electrostatic interactions with patterned surfaces
- electrostatic interactions with semipermeable membranes
- transport phenomena in microfluidic fuel cells
- electrochemical capacitors
Our group does basic research in transport phenomena, fluid dynamics, wetting, colloidal interactions, and electrochemistry motivated by problems in modern micro- and nanofluidics, materials science, energy, biophysics, and more.
Current research projects are mostly in four general areas: micro- and nanofluidics, polymer materials science, colloidal interactions in complex systems, and electrochemical systems.
1. Micro- and nanofluidics
2. Polymer materials science
3. Colloidal interactions in complex systems
4. Electrochemical systems
Click here to learn more about PhD or Diploma work with us